This is the current constitution of TAMWORTH WIND BAND.
The signed and ratified copy can be downloaded by clicking here.
1. The name of the band shall be Tamworth Wind Band.
2. The objective of the Band shall be to advance, develop and maintain public education in and appreciation of wind band music in all its aspects by any means the committee sees fit, including through the presentation of public concerts and recitals.
3. Membership is open to any wind or percussion musician of at least grade 4 standard. No individual shall be excluded from joining the Band or holding any office on the grounds of sex, race, colour, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
4. Members are expected to give a high level of availability for rehearsals and engagements, to notify the Musical Director in good time of unavoidable absences and to adhere to whatever performance dress code may be in force at the time.
5. All members must pay a subscription and the subscription rates will be set each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Difficulties or disputes over payment will be considered on an individual basis by the committee.
6. A management committee, elected at the AGM, will be responsible for the routine running of the Band. All members of the Band are entitled to stand for election. Each candidate must be proposed and seconded by current Band members. The committee comprises at least 6 members and includes Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary, Musical Director and Child Welfare Officer. Other members may be appointed by the committee to carry out specific duties necessary for the efficient running of the Band. The committee shall hold regular minuted meetings. The quorum for business to be agreed at committee meetings will be 4.
7. The Band’s financial year will run from 1st September to 31st August. All Band monies will be banked in an account held in the name of Tamworth Wind Band. Any cheques drawn against Band funds must be signed by any two of the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
8. The income and property of the Band whencesoever derived shall be applied solely towards promoting the objectives of the Band as set forth above and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred either directly or indirectly to any member or members of the group except in payment of legitimate expenses incurred on behalf of the Band.
9. An Annual General Meeting will be held within 90 days of the end of each financial year, with members being given at least 21 days notice. The committee will present to each AGM the reports and accounts of Tamworth Wind Band for the preceding year. Appointment of committee members will take place at the AGM, seconded nominations having been received by the Secretary at least one week before the AGM. All band members can vote at the AGM and the meeting shall be quorate when at least 40% of the membership is present.
10. An Extraordinary General Meeting can be called at any time of the year if six or more members request it to consider a serious or urgent matter.
11. All concerns, allegations or reports of poor practice/abuse relating to the welfare of children and young people will be recorded and responded to swiftly in accordance with the Band’s child protection policy. The Band’s Child Welfare Officer is the lead contact for all members in the event of any child protection concerns.
12. A resolution to dissolve the Band can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership. In the event of the Band being wound up, any assets remaining upon dissolution after the payment of proper debts and liabilities shall be transferred to a charitable institution or institutions having similar objectives to those of the Band.
13. Tamworth Wind Band hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the actions of members.
TAMWORTH WIND BAND CONSTITUTION
Adopted 24th July 2012